Like a Ashtanga yoga, these bags are composed of elegant transitions. Turn heads on the way to the yoga studio and add a personal touch to your practice with this stunning mat tote made from upcycled Indian saris. Handmade by members of an artisan cooperative in Mysore, India, the colorful caryall wraps your mat in a vibrant, richly-patterned patchwork of printed, embroidered and beaded textiles.
Nysa’s Upcycled Indian Sari Yoga Mat Bags are beautiful, detailed, durable, light weight, and very spacious.These beautiful Yoga mat bags are handmade in Mysore, South India under strict fair trade standards, using recycled saris as the primary material.
Mysore saris use centuries’ old weaving methods and one sari can take a few weeks to weave. Because of the rich, gold threads, these silk saris are typically worn at festive occasions and are very coveted.
Due to the recycled and handmade nature of this item, each is unique and will vary.
• Created from Mysore saris
• Fully lined with 100% cotton
• Holds mats any size and a Mysore rug (33in x 13in) with extra room inside for a towel or change of clothes
• Very large interior pocket for storage of soiled clothes
• Two additional interior pockets to hide belongings